Illegal Golf Carts on City Streets | Letters
GOLF CARS ON THE HIGHWAY
(Road is the area between rights of way, including sidewalks)
Section 32-1-1.1: Definitions.
(32) MOTOR VEHICLE. Any self-propelled vehicle…
(81) VEHICLE. Any device in, on or by which a person or property is or can be transported or pulled on a highway, with the exception of devices moved by human energy or electrical devices for assisting personal mobility (wheelchairs motorized)….
Section 32-6-1: Driver’s license:
(a) Every person, except those specifically exempted by statute, must obtain a driver’s license before operating a motor vehicle on the highways of this State.
Section 32-6-7: Persons to whom the license should not be issued.
A driver’s license will not be issued to the following persons:
(1) Anyone under the age of 16;
Section 32-5-64: Persons under the age of 16 driving motor vehicles – Prohibited
Any person under the age of 16 who drives or operates a motor vehicle on the public roads of this State will be guilty of a misdemeanor and will be dealt with in accordance with the juvenile laws of this State;
Section 32-6-51: Rear labels required.
Every motor vehicle operator who operates a motor vehicle on a city street or other public thoroughfare in or in this State shall at all times keep attached and conspicuously attached to the rear of such motor vehicle an identification tag registration or license plate prescribed and provided by the Ministry of Revenue at the time the owner or operator purchases their licence.
Any person who violates the provisions of this section shall be guilty of a misdemeanor and shall, on conviction, be liable to a fine not exceeding $500.00 and, in addition, shall be prohibited from driving a motor vehicle while Alabama for a period of at least 60 days or more than six months.
Section 32-5-240: Lighting equipment and lighting devices required of vehicles.
b) Motor vehicle headlights.
(1) Every motor vehicle, other than a motorcycle or motor cycle, must be fitted with at least two but not more than four headlights, with at least one but not more than two on either side of the front of the engine. vehicle….(3) must be located at a height measured from the center of the headlight of not more than 54 inches and not less than 24 inches.
(c) Rear lights.
(1) Every motor vehicle…..shall be fitted with at least one rear-mounted rear lamp which, when switched on as required, emits a red light…(2)….shall be located at a height of not more than 60 inches nor less than 20 inches